Table of contents
About this book
This book presents the current state of knowledge on nanomaterials and their use in buildings, ranging from glazing and vacuum insulation to PCM composites. It also discusses recent applications in organic photovoltaics, photo-bioreactors, bioplastics and foams, making it an exciting read while also providing copious references to current research and applications for those wanting to pursue possible future research directions.
Derek Clements-Croome, Emeritus Professor in Architectural Engineering, University of Reading (From the Foreword)
Demonstrating how higher energy efficiency in new and existing buildings can help reduce global greenhouse gas emissions, this book details the way in which new technologies, manufacturing processes and products can serve to abate emissions from the energy sector and offer a cost-effective means of improving competitiveness and drive employment.
Maximizing reader insights into how nano and biotech materials – such as aerogel based plasters, thermochromic glazings and thermal energy adsorbing glass, amongst others – can provide high energy efficiency performance in buildings, it provides practitioners in the field with an important high-tech tool to tackle key challenges and is essential reading for civil engineers, architects, materials scientists and researchers in the area of the sustainability of the built environment.
Biotechnology Building Energy Efficiency Eco-efficient Construction Nanotechnology Sustainable Development
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Nano and Biotech Based Materials for Energy Building Efficiency
F. Pacheco Torgal
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-27505-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-27503-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-80155-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-27505-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 484
- Number of Illustrations 154 b/w illustrations, 49 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site