Table of contents
About this book
This practical guide introduces functional behavioral assessment as a critical tool in planning interventions to reduce disruptive and other problematic behaviors. The book offers proven methods and strategies as a four-stage protocol in an easy-to-follow format with checklists, Q&A sections, applications, and an extended case example including an assessment report and intervention plan. Step-by-step instructions are delivered in an accessible teaching style, making all phases of assessment equally manageable. And although functional behavioral assessment is typically associated with schoolchildren, this material is also useful for working with adults in residential and community settings.
The Guide gives readers:
- The basics of functional behavioral assessment.
- Guidance in preparing for conducting a functional behavioral assessment.
- An overview of assessment methods: formal and informal measures, interview, and observation.
- A framework for translating assessment data into an appropriate intervention plan.
- In-depth understanding of the role of prevention in behavioral intervention.
- A kit of questionnaires, worksheets, and other ready-to-use resources.
Practitioner’s Guide to Functional Behavioral Assessment is an essential resource for clinicians and related professionals as well as researchers and graduate students in school and clinical child psychology; behavior therapy; assessment, testing and evaluation; special education; and educational psychology.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23721-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-23720-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-23721-3
- Series Print ISSN 2192-922X
- Series Online ISSN 2192-9238
- Buy this book on publisher's site