About this book
This important new volume presents recent research in healthcare information technology and analytics. Individual chapters look at such issues as the impact of technology failure on electronic prescribing behavior in primary care; attitudes toward electronic health records; a latent growth modeling approach to understanding lifestyle decisions based on patient historical data; designing an integrated surgical care delivery system using axiomatic design and petri net modeling; and failure in a dynamic decision environment, particularly in treating patients with a chronic disease.
Other chapters look at such topics as the impact of information technology integration in integrated delivery systems; operations and supply chain control for inventory management in a health system pharmacy; decision-theoretic assistants based on contextual gesture recognition; evaluating emergency response medical information systems; clinical decision support in critical care; virtual worlds in healthcare; and natural language processing for understanding contraceptive use at the VA.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23294-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-23293-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-23294-2
- Series Print ISSN 1934-3221
- Series Online ISSN 1934-3213
- Buy this book on publisher's site