Table of contents
About this book
This book describes the life cycle process of IP cores, from specification to production, including IP modeling, verification, optimization, and protection. Various trade-offs in the design process are discussed, including those associated with many of the most common memory cores, controller IPs and system-on-chip (SoC) buses. Readers will also benefit from the author’s practical coverage of new verification methodologies. such as bug localization, UVM, and scan-chain. A SoC case study is presented to compare traditional verification with the new verification methodologies.
· Discusses the entire life cycle process of IP cores, from specification to production, including IP modeling, verification, optimization, and protection;
· Introduce a deep introduction for Verilog for both implementation and verification point of view.
· Demonstrates how to use IP in applications such as memory controllers and SoC buses.
· Describes a new verification methodology called bug localization;
· Presents a novel scan-chain methodology for RTL debugging;
· Enables readers to employ UVM methodology in straightforward, practical terms.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-22035-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-22034-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-22035-2
- Series Print ISSN 1872-082X
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1854
- Buy this book on publisher's site