Table of contents
About this book
This book covers the latest information on the anatomic features, underlying physiologic mechanisms, and treatments for diseases of the heart. Key chapters address animal models for cardiac research, cardiac mapping systems, heart valve disease, and genomics-based tools and technology. Once again, a companion of supplementary videos offers unique insights into the working heart that enhance the understanding of key points within the text. Comprehensive and state-of-the-art, the Handbook of Cardiac Anatomy, Physiology, and Devices, Third Edition provides clinicians and biomedical engineers alike with the authoritative information and background they need to develop and implement tomorrow’s generation of life-saving cardiac devices.
• Provides a comprehensive resource of information on the anatomic features and underlying pathophysiologic mechanisms of the human cardiovascular system
• Provides state-of-the-art information on cardiac devices for monitoring and treating cardiac disorders
• Includes new information on medical device design and aspects of benchtop, preclinical, and clinical device testing
• Includes companion videos, such as those that show functional cardiac anatomy (jointly developed by the University of Minnesota and Medtronic, PLC)
• Contains contributed chapters from a wide range of experts in the eld, including clinicians, scientists and medical device developers