About this book
Presenting topics that have not previously been contained in a single volume, this book offers an up-to-date review of computational methods in electromagnetism, with a focus on recent results in the numerical simulation of real-life electromagnetic problems and on theoretical results that are useful in devising and analyzing approximation algorithms. Based on four courses delivered in Cetraro in June 2014, the material covered includes the spatial discretization of Maxwell’s equations in a bounded domain, the numerical approximation of the eddy current model in harmonic regime, the time domain integral equation method (with an emphasis on the electric-field integral equation) and an overview of qualitative methods for inverse electromagnetic scattering problems.
Assuming some knowledge of the variational formulation of PDEs and of finite element/boundary element methods, the book is suitable for PhD students and researchers interested in numerical approximation of partial differential equations and scientific computing.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-19306-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-19305-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-19306-9
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Series Online ISSN 1617-9692
- About this book