About this book
The purpose of this edited collection is to analyze the cultural aspects of Indian organizations. As the world’s largest and most diverse democracy, Indian society can be best described as an amalgam of multiple cultures, value systems, socio-political and institutional orientations. This book offers a theoretical and empirical basis for understanding the evolving and changing nature of these aspects in Indian organizations.
The World Bank predicts that in the near future India will become the world’s second largest economy. The recent high growth rates reported by businesses in the Indian economy needs to be sustainable, especially amidst its high cultural diversity. Whilst there is tremendous interest in understanding the intricacies of Indian culture and a growing literature focusing on topics such as India-specific management and internationalization strategies of Indian firms, the cultural aspects of Indian businesses have been largely ignored. This book aims to fill this gap. It covers various topics in organizational culture and management such as human resource management, cross-cultural communication and coaching, cultural similarity, cultural literacy, multiculturalism, generational cultural values, talent acquisition and knowledge management. It also features case studies from high growth sectors such as the IT and health industries.
Presenting contributions from local Indian and international researchers, this book provides a multidimensional perspective that will appeal to students, scholars and practitioners interested in organizational culture and management in India.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Investigating Cultural Aspects in Indian Organizations
- Book Subtitle Empirical Evidence
- Series Title India Studies in Business and Economics
- Series Abbreviated Title India Studies in Business, Economics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-16098-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-16097-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-36688-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-16098-6
- Series ISSN 2198-0012
- Series E-ISSN 2198-0020
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 204
- Number of Illustrations 4 b/w illustrations, 5 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site