Table of contents
About this book
This second volume of a collection of papers offers new perspectives and challenges in the study of logic. It is presented in honor of the fiftieth birthday of Jean-Yves Béziau. The papers touch upon a wide range of topics including paraconsistent logic, quantum logic, geometry of oppositions, categorical logic, computational logic, fundamental logic notions (identity, rule, quantification) and history of logic (Leibniz, Peirce, Hilbert).
The volume gathers personal recollections about Jean-Yves Béziau and an autobiography, followed by 25 papers written by internationally distinguished logicians, mathematicians, computer scientists, linguists and philosophers, including Irving Anellis, Dov Gabbay, Ivor Grattan-Guinness, Istvan Németi, Henri Prade.
These essays will be of interest to all students and researchers interested in the nature and future of logic.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-15368-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-15367-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-15368-1
- Series Print ISSN 2297-0282
- Series Online ISSN 2297-0290
- Buy this book on publisher's site