About this book
This book describes design techniques for wideband quadrature LO generation for software defined radio transceivers, with frequencies spanning 4GHz to around 80GHz. The authors discuss several techniques that can be used to reduce the cost and/or power consumption of one of the key components of the RF front-end, the quadrature local oscillator. The discussion includes simple and useful insights into quadrature VCOs, along with numerous examples of practical techniques.
· Provides a thorough survey of quadrature LO generation;
· Offers an intuitive explanation of the different quadrature VCO architectures, and categorization of these architectures based on the intuitive explanations;
· Describes a new technique for simultaneous quadrature LO generation for channelized receivers;
· Includes simple and detailed explanation of two new quadrature VCO techniques that improve phase-noise performance of QVCOs, while providing a large tuning range.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-13788-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-13787-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-13788-9
- Series Print ISSN 1872-082X
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1854
- Buy this book on publisher's site