This volume presents the proceedings of the CLAIB 2014, held in Paraná, Entre Ríos, Argentina 29, 30 & 31 October 2014. The proceedings, presented by the Regional Council of Biomedical Engineering for Latin America (CORAL) offer research findings, experiences and activities between institutions and universities to develop Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering and related sciences.
The conferences of the American Congress of Biomedical Engineering are sponsored by the International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE), Society for Engineering in Biology and Medicine (EMBS) and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), among other organizations and international agencies and bringing together scientists, academics and biomedical engineers in Latin America and other continents in an environment conducive to exchange and professional growth.
The Topics include:
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Bioinstrumentation; Sensors, Micro and Nano Technologies
- Biomaterials, Tissue Engineering and Artificial Organs
- Biomechanics, Robotics and Motion Analysis
- Biomedical Images and Image Processing
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Clinical Engineering and Electromedicine
- Computer and Medical Informatics
- Health and home care, telemedicine
- Modeling and Simulation
- Radiobiology, Radiation and Medical Physics
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Prosthetics
- Technology, Education and Innovation