Table of contents
About these proceedings
This book contains 24 technical papers presented at the fourth edition of the Advances in Architectural Geometry conference, AAG 2014, held in London, England, September 2014. It offers engineers, mathematicians, designers, and contractors insight into the efficient design, analysis, and manufacture of complex shapes, which will help open up new horizons for architecture.
The book examines geometric aspects involved in architectural design, ranging from initial conception to final fabrication. It focuses on four key topics: applied geometry, architecture, computational design, and also practice in the form of case studies. In addition, the book also features algorithms, proposed implementation, experimental results, and illustrations.
Overall, the book presents both theoretical and practical work linked to new geometrical developments in architecture. It gathers the diverse components of the contemporary architectural tendencies that push the building envelope towards free form in order to respond to multiple current design challenges.
With its introduction of novel computational algorithms and tools, this book will prove an ideal resource to both newcomers to the field as well as advanced practitioners.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Advances in Architectural Geometry 2014
Niloy J. Mitra
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-11418-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-11417-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-35242-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-11418-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 385
- Number of Illustrations 199 b/w illustrations, 135 illustrations in colour
Applications of Mathematics
Simulation and Modeling
Computer-Aided Engineering (CAD, CAE) and Design
Mathematics in Art and Architecture
- Buy this book on publisher's site