Table of contents
About this book
Several different transformation techniques have been developed over the years and readily shown to be decisive methods in fungal biotechnology. This book will cover the basics behind the most commonly used transformation methods, as well as associated tools and techniques. Each chapter will provide protocols along with examples used in laboratories worldwide.
Not only will this text provide a detailed background on applications in industrial and pharmaceutical relevant microbes, but also the importance of fungal pathogens in agricultural production (Phytophthora and Botrytis) and mammalian infection (Penicillium marneffei and Candida). Genetic Transformation Systems in Fungi, Volume 1 provides in-depth coverage of how the transformation of DNA is used to understand the genetic basis behind these fungal traits.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-10142-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-10141-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-10142-2
- Series Print ISSN 2198-7777
- Series Online ISSN 2198-7785
- About this book