About this book
Excessive use of agrochemicals such as fertilizers and pesticides have some substantial benefits in enhancing crop productivity but may lead to environmental and ecological damages.
Compost, the organic by-products of farming and allied industries which derive from animals and other sources is considered as the source of immense practical value for raising crops. It aids agricultural sustainability by means of various processes such as green manuring, mulching etc.
Significance of compost for sustainable agriculture and the role of beneficial micro-organisms in composting processes is depicted in this volume entitled “Composting for Sustainable Agriculture”.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-08004-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-08003-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-08004-8
- Series Print ISSN 2352-474X
- Series Online ISSN 2352-4758
- Buy this book on publisher's site