This book presents information/data from 207 peer-reviewed publications addressing issues of interest to national and international medical educators, leaders in medicine, medical school faculty, medical residents, and physicians-in-training and in-practice
This book uses data from a longitudinal study design to examine changes, assess educational and patient outcomes, and propose solutions to issues related to the training of competent and caring physicians
This book benefits from empirical findings and approximately 200 combined years of experience of its authors in research and teaching in medicine and medical education, using the database of the well-known Jefferson Longitudinal Study
This is a preview of subscription content, access via your institution.
Table of contents (7 chapters)
About this book
- Admissions of the Applicants to Medical School (e.g., standardized tests, academic preparation, other admission variables).
- Demographic Composition (e.g., gender, age, race/ethnicity).
- Performance Evaluations in Medical School (e.g., preclinical and clinical phases).
- Postgraduate and Career (e.g., assessment of clinical competence in residency training, career choice, specialization, professional activities).
- Psychosocial Attributes (e.g., personal qualities, indicators of physical and mental well-being).
- Professionalism (e.g., assessment of elements of professionalism in medicine, such as clinical empathy, attitudes toward interprofesssional collaboration, and orientation.
- Jefferson Longitudinal Study
- Medical Education Outcomes
- Medical School Admission Measures
- Performance in Medical School
- Performance on Medical Licensing Examinations
Authors and Affiliations
Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, USA
Joseph S. Gonnella, Clara A. Callahan, J. Jon Veloski, Jennifer DeSantis, Mohammadreza Hojat
About the authors
Book Title: Fifty Years of Findings from the Jefferson Longitudinal Study of Medical Education
Authors: Joseph S. Gonnella, Clara A. Callahan, J. Jon Veloski, Jennifer DeSantis, Mohammadreza Hojat
Publisher: Springer Cham
eBook Packages: Behavioral Science and Psychology, Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
Copyright Information: The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2022
Hardcover ISBN: 978-3-030-85378-5Published: 14 December 2021
Softcover ISBN: 978-3-030-85381-5Published: 15 December 2022
eBook ISBN: 978-3-030-85379-2Published: 01 January 2022
Edition Number: 1
Number of Pages: XXXVIII, 257
Number of Illustrations: 9 b/w illustrations, 3 illustrations in colour
Topics: Behavioral Sciences and Psychology, Pedagogy, Psychological Assessment, Medical Education, Behavioral Medicine