About these proceedings
This book brings together in a review manner a comprehensive summary of high-quality research contributions from the different research teams and their collaborators, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Animal Health (CIISA). The topics span from animal behaviour and welfare to biotechnology and clinical veterinary medicine. Thus, the book is of interest for researchers and students working in the diverse fields of veterinary medicine and animal science.
CIISA, the research centre of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Lisbon, commemorated its 25th-year jubilee in 2018. Throughout its history, it has been consolidating as the top-ranking Portuguese Animal and Veterinary Sciences research unit.
More recently, CIISA has taken a leading role in the coordination of national and international research networks and consortiums. This conveyed a highly interdisciplinary nature to CIISA’s research, encompassing animal, veterinary and biomedical sciences. This multi- and interdisciplinary nature is reflected on the broad scientific background of the team.
production animal health Antimicrobial resistance reproduction biotechnology animal nutrition infectious diseases
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Advances in Animal Health, Medicine and Production
- Book Subtitle A Research Portrait of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Animal Health (CIISA), University of Lisbon, Portugal
Antonio Freitas Duarte
Luís Lopes da Costa
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-61981-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-61980-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-61983-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-61981-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 575
- Number of Illustrations 35 b/w illustrations, 70 illustrations in colour
Veterinary Medicine/Veterinary Science
- Buy this book on publisher's site