Table of contents
About this book
This book constructs a multidisciplinary approach to human security questions related to digitalisation in the European High North i.e. the northernmost areas of Scandinavia, Finland and North-Western Russia. It challenges the mainstream conceptualisation of cybersecurity and reconstructs it with the human being as the referent object of security.
Mirva Salminen conducts her doctoral study on digitalisation and cybersecurity in the European High North at the Arctic Centre, University of Lapland, Finland. Previously, she has carried out research for several organizations in both public and private sectors, including universities, research institutes and corporations, publishing primarily on cybersecurity and security commercialisation.
Gerald Zojer is Doctoral Candidate at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Lapland, Finland. His most recent work relates to the interconnections between socio-economic development in Arctic communities with global economic trends and the adaptation to new technologies in the region.
Kamrul Hossain is Research Professor and the Director of the Northern Institute for Environmental and Minority Law (NIEM) at the University of Lapland, Finland. He has led several international and national research projects with focus on human rights and human security in the Arctic and published widely in these topics.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Digitalisation and Human Security
- Book Subtitle A Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Cybersecurity in the European High North
- Series Title New Security Challenges
- Series Abbreviated Title New Security Challenges
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-48070-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-48069-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-48072-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-48070-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXI, 363
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 4 illustrations in colour
International Security Studies
Governance and Government
Development and Social Change
Russian and Post-Soviet Politics
- Buy this book on publisher's site