About this book
This book thoroughly examines and explains the basic processing steps used in MEMS fabrication (both integrated circuit and specialized micro machining processing steps. The book places an emphasis on the process variations in the device dimensions resulting from these commonly used processing steps. This will be followed by coverage of commonly used metrology methods, process integration and variations in material properties, device parameter variations, quality assurance and control methods, and design methods for handling process variations. A detailed analysis of future methods for improved microsystems manufacturing is also included. This book is a valuable resource for practitioners, researchers and engineers working in the field as well as students at either the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Examines and explains the basic processing steps used in MEMS fabrication;
- Illustrates best practices and lessons learned in manufacturing of microsystems for commercial products with detailed case studies;
- Reviews future methods that may provide for improved process variations.
MEMS Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems Micro-machining Microactuators Microsensors Microsystems Microsystems Design Microsystems Manufacturing Microsystems Manufacturing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-40560-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-40558-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-40560-1
- Series Print ISSN 2198-0063
- Series Online ISSN 2198-0071
- Buy this book on publisher's site