Table of contents
About this book
This volume provides comprehensible, strength-based perspectives on contemporary research and practice related to navigating mistakes, errors and failures across cultures. It addresses these concepts across cultural contexts and explores any or all of these three concepts from a positive psychology or positive organisational perspective, highlighting their potential as resources. The volume further discusses the consequences of errors and failures at individual, organisational and societal levels, ranging from severe personal problems to organisational and collective crises, perspectives how those can be turned into opportunities for contingent and sustainable improvement processes. The book shows that there are significant cultural differences in the understanding, interpretation and handling of errors and failures.
This volume provides practical guidance for transcultural understanding of mistakes, errors and failure through new models, ideas for self-reflection, therapeutic and counselling interventions and organisational change management processes.
This book is a must for researchers and practitioners working on mistakes, errors and failures across cultures and disciplines!
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Mistakes, Errors and Failures across Cultures
- Book Subtitle Navigating Potentials
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-35574-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-35573-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-35576-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-35574-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 628
- Number of Illustrations 21 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Quality of Life Research
Employee Health and Wellbeing
- Buy this book on publisher's site