Table of contents
About this book
This book provides an overview of the current and emerging industrial applications of ionic liquids, covering the core processes, the practical implementation and technical challenges involved, and exploring potential future directions for research and development.
The introductory chapter describes the unique physical and chemical properties of ionic liquids, and illustrates the vast potential for application of these materials across the industrial landscape. Following this, individual chapters written by leading figures from industry and academia address specific processes and products, such as the development of a new chloroaluminate ionic liquid as an alkylation catalyst and a new class of capillary gas chromatography (GC) columns with stationary phases based on ionic liquids.
Over the past twenty years, ionic liquids have moved from being considered as mere academic curiosities to having genuine applications in fields as wide-ranging as biotechnology, biorefineries, catalysis, pharmaceuticals, renewable fuels, and sustainable energy. This book highlights several commercial products and processes that use or will soon be using ionic liquids.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-35245-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-35244-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-35245-5
- Series Print ISSN 2196-6982
- Series Online ISSN 2196-6990
- Buy this book on publisher's site