Table of contents
About this book
SAINT JOAN OF NEW YORK is a novel about a math prodigy who becomes obsessed with discovering the Theory of Everything. Joan Cooper, a 17-year-old genius traumatized by the death of her older sister, tries to rebuild her shattered world by studying string theory and the efforts to unify the laws of physics. But as she tackles the complex equations, she falls prey to disturbing visions of a divine being who wants to help her unveil the universe’s mathematical design. Joan must enter the battle between science and religion, fighting for her sanity and a new understanding of the cosmos.
String theory Theory of Everything Calabi-Yau manifold Extra dimensions Fine-structure constant Math prodigy Saint Joan Joan of Arc Belief vs. evidence Religious revelation Proof of God?
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-32553-4
- Copyright Information The Author 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-32552-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-32553-4
- Series Print ISSN 2197-1188
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1196
- Buy this book on publisher's site