About this book
On the road toward a history of turbulence, this book focuses on what the actors in this research field have identified as the “turbulence problem”. Turbulent flow rose to prominence as one of the most persistent challenges in science. At different times and in different social and disciplinary settings, the nature of this problem has changed in response to changing research agendas.
This book does not seek to provide a comprehensive account, but instead an exemplary exposition on the environments in which problems become the subjects of research agendas, with particular emphasis on the first half of the 20th century.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-31863-5
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-31862-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-31863-5
- Series Print ISSN 2211-4564
- Series Online ISSN 2211-4572
- Buy this book on publisher's site