About this book
This book introduces state-of-the-art experimental and numerical methods and examples for evaluating the drilling performance of engineering and biological materials, particularly in thermal aspects. The authors use a common pathway to present the technological and analytical methods for both industry (metal) drilling and orthopaedic surgery (bone) drilling research, making this book a resource for both industrial and clinical readers who wish to understand the evolution of technologies, techniques, and challenges in drilling. The authors also focus on advanced engineering materials, such as titanium alloys and high-strength cast irons, which have broad applications in the automotive, aerospace, medical device, and sports industries. This book is a must-read for a broad audience, including engineering students in upper-level undergraduate and graduate courses that involve machining processes; for surgery residents, fellows, and practicing surgeons; and for engineers in the medical device industry who develop new bone cutting tools.
- Bridges the knowledge on drilling from the manufacturing industry to healthcare;
- Covers the experimental and modeling aspects of drilling thermal analysis;
- Includes experimental studies that contain parameters and data that emulate practical production and clinical drilling.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-26047-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-26046-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-26047-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site