About this book
This edited collection provides a comprehensive overview of the major changes and transformations in Ukrainian society, from its independence in 1991, through to 2018.
Based on solid empirical quantitative data generated by local institutions such as the monitoring survey Ukrainian Society, produced by the Institute of Sociology of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (IS NASU), the contributions explore transitions in values, occupational structure, education, inequality, religiosity, media, and identity, as well as the impact of the “Revolution of Dignity” (Euromaidan) and the Donbas conflict.Covering more than 25 years of Ukrainian history and complemented by qualitative research carried out by authors, Ukraine in Transformation will be invaluable to upper level students and researchers of sociology, political science, international relations and cultural studies, with a particular interest in post-Soviet Eastern Europe.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24978-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-24977-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-24978-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site