Table of contents
About this book
This book provides comprehensive coverage of the latest research into integrated circuits’ ageing, explaining the causes of this phenomenon, describing its effects on electronic systems, and providing mitigation techniques to build ageing-resilient circuits.
- Describes in detail the physical mechanisms of CMOS ageing;
- Provides an in-depth discussion on the impact of ageing on the performance and reliability of integrated circuits;
- Presents state-of-the art synthesis algorithms for ageing resilient digital systems;
- Introduces application-dependent techniques to mitigate the effects of aging;
- Discusses the design and implementation of on-chip aging monitoring sensors for aging-adaptable systems;
- Includes more than 200 references on state-of-art research in this area, providing direction for further reading.
Analog IC Reliability Aging Effects on Integrated Circuits Aging-effects Mitigation in processor architectures Reliability Wearout Mechanisms Bias Temperature Instability