About this book
This book identifies and examines the novel ways in which money is laundered internationally through illegal activities on the internet, focusing on sales, payments, social media, online gaming, and tax misapplication. Technology-enhanced methods that enable money laundering are now a significant portion of malicious cyber activities and deterring its commission is a high order priority.
Although powered by modern tools, investigators, prosecutors, judges and regulatory agencies in most countries are not equipped to accurately detect, investigate and prosecute this type of criminal activity. It makes a case for broader institutional and regulatory improvement, formulating a basis for detecting evolving money laundering schemes with multiple focuses on sales, payments, social media, online gaming, and tax misapplication.
Revealing the newest techniques used by criminals, currently neglected by law enforcement in most countries, and discusses the best approaches to combat these crimes, this book will be useful as a guide for law enforcement, prosecutors, judges, and others involved in efforts to curb online crimes.
- Book Title Technology-Enhanced Methods of Money Laundering
- Book Subtitle Internet As Criminal Means
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-18330-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology Law and Criminology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-18329-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-18332-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-18330-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 174
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site