Table of contents
About this book
This book discusses the ethical and legal challenges related to innovations, with reference to both scientific research and emerging technologies. It analyzes scientific research with specific reference to experimentation, with a focus on vulnerable people (minors, women, people in developing countries), compassionate care, biobanks and ethical committees. In the context of emerging technologies, it examines the ethical and legal aspects of neuroscience, genomics, ICT, big data, biometrics, converging technologies, enhancement and robotics.
The book provides conceptual tools and categories to help readers understand and acquire a critical awareness of the current debates in the field.
Challenge to law Challenge to ethics Scientific research Emerging technologies Innovation Biobanks Ethics committees Gene-editing Big data and health Biometrics Roboethics Artificial intelligence Techno-science
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-16733-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG and G. Giappichelli Editore 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology Law and Criminology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-16732-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-16733-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site