Table of contents
About this book
This book brings together multiple critical assessments of the current state and future visions of global development studies. It examines how the field engages with new paradigms and narratives, methodologies and scientific impact, and perspectives from the Global South. The authors focus on social and democratic transformation, inclusive development and global environmental issues, and implications for research practices. Leading academics provide an excellent overview of recent insights for post-graduate students and scholars in these research areas.
Isa Baud is Emeritus Professor of International Development Studies at the University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.Elisabetta Basile is Professor of Development Economics at the University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy.
Tiina Kontinen is Senior Lecturer at the Master Degree Programme in Development and International Cooperation, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
Susanne von Itter is Executive Director of EADI, Germany.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-04052-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-04051-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-04052-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site