About this book
Computer graphics comprises the creation and representation of simple graphical elements and images, as well as modern techniques for rendering a virtual reality. To apply these techniques correctly, one requires a basic understanding of the fundamental concepts in graphics.
This book introduces the most important basic concepts of computer graphics, coupling the technical background and theory with practical examples and applications throughout. Its user-friendly approach enables the reader to gain understanding through the theory at work, via the many example programs provided. With only elementary knowledge of the programming language Java, the reader will be able to create their own images and animations immediately, using Java 2D and/or Java 3D.
• Presents computer graphics theory and practice in integrated combination
• Focuses on the increasingly used Java 3D (and 2D in the first section of the book)
• Uses many pedagogical tools, including numerous easy-to-understand example programs and end-of-chapter exercises
• Offers Internet support for students and instructors (found at http://public.rz.fh-wolfenbuettel.de/~klawonn/computergraphics), such as additional exercises, solutions, program examples, slides for lecturers and links to useful websites
• Provides an ideal, self-contained introduction to computer graphics
Written for second year undergraduates and above, this reader-friendly, clear and concise textbook will be an essential tool for those studying Computer Science and Computer Engineering.
Frank Klawonn has many years of experience teaching computer graphics and coordinating application projects with companies.