About this book
This established and authoritative text focuses on the design and analysis of nonlinear control systems. The author considers the latest research results and techniques in this updated and extended edition.
Topics covered include:
• local and global decompositions of control systems;
• input-ouput maps and realization theory;
• nonlinear feedback for single-input/single-output systems and multi-input/multi-output systems;
• applications of state feedback;
• output regulation and
• global stabilization and disturbance attenuation.
Examples are given from mechanical, electrical and aerospace engineering. The approach consists of a rigorous mathematical formulation of control problems and respective methods of solution. The two appendices outline the most important concepts of differential geometry and present some specific data not often found in other standard works. This makes Nonlinear Control Systems suitable as a graduate and undergraduate text and as a source of reference.