About this book
We are all more likely to die from a heart attack or a stroke than from any other condition.
You should read this book if you are:
- A smoker
- Under stress
The media are full of terms like angina, heart failure, coronary artery disease, thrombosis, but what do these mean to you? Gerry Coghlan and Clive Handler are experienced heart doctors who have written this book for people who have or might get coronary heart disease.
This handy little book contains:
- Details on all the risk factors predisposing to heart disease
- Practical explanations of what is happening to your heart
- Explanations of all the tests a patient with heart disease may need
- Information on how to go about reducing your risk
- Advice to dispel people’s natural fear of the condition
- Guidance on how people can be more in control of their health
- Simple, direct language to simplify a highly technical and complex subject