Table of contents
About this book
Thoroughly revised and updated, Optimization in Drug Discovery: In Vitro Methods, Second Edition presents a wide spectrum of in vitro assays including formulation, plasma binding, absorption and permeability, cytochrome P450 (CYP) and UDP-glucuronosyltransferases (UGT) metabolism, CYP inhibition and induction, drug transporters, drug-drug interactions via assessment of reactive metabolites, genotoxicity, and chemical and photo-mutagenicity assays. Written for the Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Expert authors have developed and utilized these in vitro assays to achieve “drug-like” characteristics in addition to efficacy properties and good safety profiles of drug candidates.
Comprehensive and up-to-date, Optimization in Drug Discovery: In Vitro Methods, Second Edition aims to guide researchers down the difficult path to successful drug discovery and development.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-742-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-741-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-742-6
- Series Print ISSN 1557-2153
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6053
- About this book