Table of contents
About this book
Providing widely used techniques in genetic model systems and many complementing animal models, Brain Development: Methods and Protocols focuses its expert contributions on two key technical aspects of developmental neurobiology: detection of gene expression and functional characterization of developmental control genes. Covering animal models such as the fruit fly, zebra fish, chicken, and mouse, this detailed book views in situ hybridization, reporter gene expression, and immunohistochemical staining methods, as well as RNA interference, Morpholino, or transgenic techniques through the prism of these models. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapter include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and cutting-edge, Brain Development: Methods and Protocols aims to provide precise technical protocols but also allows for comparing a wide range of protocols in different tissues and species.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-655-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-654-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-655-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book