About this book
Dr. Domenico Praticò received his M.D. from the University of Rome “La Sapienza,” School of Medicine. He is currently a Professor of Pharmacology, Microbiology and Immunology and member of the Center for Translational Medicine at Temple University. His main research interest is oxidative biology with a particular focus on bioactive lipids, their metabolic pathways, and their role as biological mediators of cellular and molecular events in the pathogenesis of human diseases, including neurodegenerative and cardiovascular diseases.
Dr. Patrizia Mecocci received her M.D. from the University of Perugia, School of Medicine. She is currently a Full Professor of Gerontology and Geriatrics and Director of the Geriatric Clinic at the University of Perugia. Her research is devoted mainly to clinical geriatrics, with a specific interest on brain aging and dementia and on age-related biological modifications, with a particular focus on the role of oxidants and antioxidants in neurodegenerative and cardiovascular diseases.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-598-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-597-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-598-9
- Series Print ISSN 2197-7224
- Series Online ISSN 2197-7232
- About this book