About this book
Driving further the research on mammalian alkaline phosphatase structure and function, Phosphatase Modulators collects expert contributions into one “how to” manual for basic scientists interested in initiating a drug discovery effort. While this book contains the traditional method chapters and some typical reviews on the structure and known functions of phosphatases, other contributions are meant to discuss approaches and alternatives useful in making “go/no-go” decisions in high throughput screening (HTS) and lead optimization campaigns. Many chapters focus on tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase (TNAP) as well as protein phosphatases. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters in this volume include the kind of detail and key implementation advice that promotes reproducible results.
Step-by-step and practical, Phosphatase Modulators offers a path to understanding many of the facets and complexities associated with undertaking a drug discovery effort and will serve as a roadmap to initiating those efforts.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-562-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-561-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-562-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book