Table of contents
About this book
The intersection of nanotechnology with biology has given rise to numerous ideas for new ways to use nanotechnology for biological applications. Nanomaterials possess unique size- and material-dependent properties which make them attractive for improving regular biomedical fields, such as drug delivery, imaging, therapy, and diagnostics. Divided into three convenient sections, Nanomaterial Interfaces in Biology: Methods and Protocols covers protocols describing synthesis, fabrication, and construction of bio-nanomaterial interfaces, characterization protocols of bio-nanomaterial interfaces, and applications which utilize the bio-nanomaterial interfaces. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and accessible Nanomaterial Interfaces in Biology: Methods and Protocols will serve the new and emerging scientific community, enabling new capabilities and technologies that were not previously possible in medicine and biology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-462-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-461-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-462-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site