Table of contents
About this book
Despite the best efforts of many and despite landmark discoveries and experimental ingenuity, challenges in the pursuit of research related to olfactory receptors (ORs) continue to exist. In Olfactory Receptors: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field contribute chapters that serve to address these challenges. The volume consists of several sections: knowledge dissemination of ORs, theoretical assessments of OR structure and function, as well as development and use of expression systems and experimental functional analysis. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Concise and practical, Olfactory Receptors: Methods and Protocols seeks to aid researchers in furthering the knowledge of olfaction and moving us ever closer to the thrilling discoveries that will follow.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-377-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-376-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-377-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site