Table of contents
About this book
Glyco-engineering is being developed as a method to control the composition of carbohydrates and to enhance the pharmacological properties of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and other proteins. In Glycosylation Engineering of Biopharmaceuticals: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field provide readers with production and characterization protocols of glycoproteins and glyco-engineered biopharmaceuticals with a focus on mAbs. The volume is divided in four complementary parts dealing with glyco-engineering of therapeutic proteins, glycoanalytics, glycoprotein complexes characterization, and PK/PD assays for therapeutic antibodies. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Glycosylation Engineering of Biopharmaceuticals: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide for scientists striving to push forward the exciting field of engineered biopharmaceuticals.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-327-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-326-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-327-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site