About this book
Over time, it has become clear that changes in stem cells do occur during aging, not only in their number but also in their relationship to their microenvironment and their functionality as reflected in changes to their metabolome. Stem Cells and Aging: Methods and Protocols brings together chapters from expert contributors with protocols critical for exploring the biology of stem cell aging, all of which is key for understanding these age-related stem cell changes at a basic biology level and at the level of their impacts for regenerative medicine. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Concise and easy to use, Stem Cells and Aging: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal reference to guide investigators toward further valuable answers to the problems of our aging population.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-317-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-316-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-317-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book