About this book
Since its first application, microdialysis has become incredibly popular to study brain function and has been applied with success in different fields from psychopharmacology, neurobiology, and physiology in animals and also humans. Microdialysis Techniques in Neuroscience focuses on the practical aspects of microdialysis in animal and human, highlighting current technical limitations and providing a vision of what is yet to come for the determination of the most disparate compounds in the brain. The book’s contents range from new techniques for detection and quantifying the release of several different neurotransmitters in vitro and in vivo, even in freely moving animals, to sophisticated use of reverse dialysis and the application of microdialysis in pharmacokinetic studies. Each of the sixteen chapters, in fitting with the spirit of the Neuromethods series, contain an introduction that gives a broad overview of a focused topic, followed by an extensive protocol on how the experiments are performed along with invaluable practical advice.
Detailed and authoritative, Microdialysis Techniques in Neuroscience will be a valuable reference for students, neuroscientists, and physicians for the use of microdialysis in the study of brain functions and its clinical applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-173-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-172-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-173-8
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site