Table of contents
About this book
Over the past decades, knowledge about the cellular and molecular basis underlying the visual process has remarkably increased. In Retinal Degeneration: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field provide a guide of relevant and state-of-the-art methods for studying retinal homeostasis and disease. These include methods and techniques for addressing cell culture systems and animal models of disease, their generation, their phenotypic and molecular characterization as well as their use in therapeutic approaches to the retina. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Retinal Degeneration: Methods and Protocols aids scientists in continuing to study the cutting-edge techniques of retinal cell biology in health and disease.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-080-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-079-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-080-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book