About this book
Over the course of the last hundred years, the field of endocrinology has received ever-increasing attention. Research and developing technologies have resulted in a significant leap in our understanding of the causes and treatment of endocrine dysfunction. In Molecular Endocrinology: Methods and Protocols, leaders in the field share a diversity of cutting-edge techniques that are becoming routinely employed in the quest to further understand hormone action. In order to reach the widest number of labs, this volume includes protocols that allow investigators at all stages of their scientific career to successfully perform these techniques. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include brief introductions to their respective subjects, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and expert notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and easy to use, Molecular Endocrinology: Methods and Protocols is an ideal guide for researchers in labs across the world who seek a deeper understanding of the complex processes and biology of hormones.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-60327-378-7
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2009
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-60327-377-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-60327-378-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site