About this book
This volume presents modern and enhanced methods that detail techniques to perform proteomics analyses dedicated to biomarker discovery for human health. Chapters guide readers through pre/post analytical factors, protocols for the preparation of extracellular vesicles and exosomes, and various analytical pipelines including Data Independent Acquisition (DIA), discovery, as well as targeted and top-down proteomics analysis workflows. Bioinformatics tools and workflows to select and evaluate candidate biomarkers or combinations of biomarkers are also presented. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Proteomics for Biomarker Discovery: Methods and Protocols aims to ensure successful results in the further study of this vital field.
Discovery proteomics analysis Biomarker candidates Precision medicine LC-MS/MS analysis Data science Pathogenic mechanisms
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9164-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9163-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9164-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site