About this book
This volume discusses the latest technologies used to study all aspects of Fragile-X Syndrome (FXS). The chapters in this book cover topics such as monitoring for epigenetic modifications at the FMR1 locus; modeling FXS with human pluripotent stem cells, mouse neural progenitors; mouse versus human-based models for FXS pre-clinical research; and Fragile-X associated with Tremor/Ataxia Syndrome (FXTAS). Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Fragile-X Syndrome: Methods and Protocols is a valuable tool to help scientists working towards one day developing a therapeutic solution to improve the symptoms of FXS.
Chapter "Induced Neurons for the Study of Neurodegenerative and Neurodevelopmental Disorders" is available open access under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License via link.springer.com.
Ataxia Syndrome FXTAS drosophila c. elegans CRISPR
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9080-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9079-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9080-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site