About this book
This book provides a practical guide to current methods for profiling and interpreting genomic alterations in tumors. Chapters detail methods to interrogate DNA variation, RNA expression, and epigenetic changes using both next-generation sequencing and microarray techniques, common bioinformatics and annotation tools to glean relevant driver genomic events, and different performance characteristics as well as quality metrics necessary for the robust validation of tumor profiling as a diagnostic test for medical laboratories. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Tumor Profiling: Methods and Protocols aims to be a useful resource for learning about technical details, applications, and strengths and limitations of the latest technologies as applied to this increasingly important field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9004-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9002-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9004-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site