About this book
This volume provides methods to study bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) and BMP modulators in cell culture, in both invertebrate and vertebrate animal models, and for therapeutic applications. Chapters guide the reader in the use of primary and immortalized cell lines, methodologies that exploit transcription and receptor mechanisms, newly developed animal models using nematodes, flies, amphioxus, frogs, zebrafish, and genetically engineered mice, and pre-clinical approaches to understanding BMP function in bone regeneration, heterotopic ossification, and cancers. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Bone Morphogenetic Proteins: Methods and Protocols aims to ensure successful results in the further study of this vital field.
miRNAs RNA binding proteins Post-translational processing Mycoplasma-induced BMP2 Drosophila
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8904-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8903-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8904-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site