About this book
This volume expands upon Protein Electrophoresis (2012) and provides readers with easy-to-follow and reproducible methods to study electrophoresis. The chapters in this book cover topics such as the Cydex Blue assay; cellulose-acetate electrophoresis of hemoglobin; cationic electrophoresis; tricine-SDS-Page; identification of proteins on archived 2-D gels; cell surface protein biotinylation of SDS-PAGE analysis; and artifacts and common errors in protein gel electrophoresis. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and thorough, Electrophoretic Separation of Proteins: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for researchers who are interested in learning and experimenting with this field.
gel-electrophoresis homogenization Lysis Buffer PAGE PEGylated Proteins
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8793-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8792-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8793-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site