Table of contents
About this book
This volume aims to detail the advances in the field of Thyroid hormones (THs), namely T3 and T4, and their nuclear receptor TRs from a conceptual and methodological point of view. Chapters guide readers through a general introduction, TR's engineered mice, human genetics of TRs, control of the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid (HPT) axis, the relevance of the local THs production and metabolism and pathological consequences of TH/TR alterations. Non-mammalian models are also presented and discussed. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Thyroid Hormone Nuclear Receptor: Methods and Protocols aims to ensure successful results in the further study of this vital field.
epidemiology transcriptome radioactive iodine. deep sequencing epigenetics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7902-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7901-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7902-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site