Table of contents
About this book
This detailed volume examines bioinformatic and molecular biological methods useful to identify and to explore the functions of CpG islands, key navigation points to understand gene regulation in fundamental processes such as development and cell differentiation as well as in diseases like cancer. Beginning with a historical perspective and important properties of CpG islands, the book continues with sections on computational and wet lab methods related to the study of DNA methylation, and in-depth protocols for the analysis of CpG island functional features including epigenetic profiling and chromatin interactions. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, CpG Islands: Methods and Protocols aims to provide readers with the information and methodologies necessary to continue to decipher how a genome’s structure and organization contribute to regulate biological processes.
CpG dinucleotides Gene regulation Bioinformatics Computational methods DNA methylation Epigenetics Chromatin interactions
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7768-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7767-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7768-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site