About this book
This volume covers the mechanisms of pRb inactivation detailing repressive mechanisms commonly associated to cancer, and representative of the experimentally relevant tests used in the establishment of cancer diagnosis and prognosis. Chapters contain protocols and in-depth discussions for commonly used experimental approaches to assess the status and function of components of the pRb pathway, including pRb itself, in cell lines and biological samples.Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, The Retinoblastoma Protein aims to serve as a guide to assist molecular cancer biologists in their search for understanding of the molecular functions of this preeminent tumor suppressor.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7565-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7564-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7565-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site