About this book
This volume looks at the latest methodologies used to study cellular metabolism with in silico approaches. The chapters in this book are divided into 3 parts: part I discusses tools and methods used for metabolic reconstructions and basic constraint-based metabolic modeling (CBMM); Part II explores protocols for the generation of experimental data for metabolic reconstruction and modeling, including transcriptomics, proteomics, and mutant generations; and Part III cover advanced techniques for quantitative modeling of cellular metabolism, including dynamic Flux Balance Analysis and multi-objective optimization. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Metabolic Network Reconstruction and Modeling: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for qualified investigators studying cellular metabolism, and novice researchers who want to start working with CBMM.
metabolic landscape Phenotype Microarray Transcriptomics Proteomics Metabolomics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7528-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7527-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7528-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site